How Volleman’s Family Farm Transformed Their Delivery Operations
After building their own processing plant for their unique, glass-bottled milk products, the Volleman’s Family Farm experienced rapid growth. Within 18 months, they were delivering to over 450 stores across Texas!
But behind the scenes, their operations weren’t as smooth. “We started out with my brother-in-law delivering in our one truck with paper tickets,” remarked Anna Volleman, CFO. “As the business grew, we were manually entering 600 to 700 order tickets each week into our accounting system back in the main office.”
Initially, the Vollemans tried off-the-shelf solutions, but found them too rigid. After some research, they discovered SPARK and clicked with the team’s transparent and collaborative approach to custom software development.
- Custom Software
- 9 – 12 months
- Ongoing Partnership
- Project Manager
- UX / UI Designer
- Technical Lead
- Front End and Back End Developers
- Automate manual data entry
- Real-time order data and delivery routes
- Item data and sales orders from their ERP system NetSuite automatically sync to the mobile app.
- Driver delivery team uses the app to view and manage their daily deliveries and routes.
- After delivery, drivers can create real-time invoices and credits for their customers.
- Once a driver’s trip is complete, the app automatically pushes the invoices and credits back into their NetSuite ERP.